Standard 2

Educators act ethically and maintain the integrity, credibility and reputation of the profession.

I believe the teaching profession to be one of great importance as we mold and influence the young minds of tomorrow. It is with that belief that we as educators must be held to a higher standard both inside and outside of the classroom.

Throughout my practicums, I have maintained a professional approach in all I do to ensure I model the behaviors that show respect, integrity, and credibility. I value all opportunities to learn and grow and add in a positive way to my learning communities.

I believe a key aspect of this profession is the sense of community we must build around our students. These young learners are entitled to a safe learning environment where they can trust and connect to all educators and staff. I have worked hard to uphold that within my day-to-day actions. I feel it is through relationships with the students, staff, families, as well as the surrounding community that we see the most important connections for our students. I value who I am as an educator as well as who I am as a person and it is with the self worth and value that I continue to uphold standard two with all I do.